Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Firefox hang with FilerView

Lately I've been having lots of problems using NetApp's FilerView with current versions of Firefox (I'm using version 7 now). I thought it was something specific to Linux, but when I upgraded Firefox on my windows machine it started happening there too. The basic symptom is the browser just hangs. When it hangs is a bit random. Invariably it would be at some step in one of the wizards or if there are pages with lots of check boxes. In windows you can just switch to IE, but I don't use windows on a day to day basis. So, the work around I have in place now is a configuration setting in Firefox.
  1. In the address bar, type 'about:config'
  2. Type 'html5' in the Filter bar
  3. Set 'html5.parser.enable' to false
That's it, FilerView should now work properly again. I don't run into too many html5 based sites so I'm not entirely sure how much this breaks. Hopefully NetApp and Firefox can get along at some point soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment